There’s something special about diamonds. Their sparkle, their touch of class……no wonder phrases like “diamonds are a girl’s best friend” exist!
Here are some fun facts you may not know about diamonds:
- “Diamond” is derived from the Greek word Adamas, meaning indestructible.
- After cutting and polishing, diamonds are reduced in their original weight by almost 50%.
- Ancient people believed that diamonds promoted strength and courage when worn.
- Only a diamond can scratch another diamond.
- Many rough diamonds can look like an ordinary pebble, making it easy to overlook them.
- Only 20% of diamonds are used for jewelry. The rest are used for industrial purposes.
- Diamonds can be dated back to one to three billion years ago.
- The largest diamond is said to have a carat weight of 3,106. It is called the Cullinan.
- The Cullinan diamond was sent from South Africa to England via mail using only a plain box. This was to secure more secure transport, since people thought that the diamond was shipped via a steamboat with heavy security, In reality, that was only a diversion.
- A one-carat diamond means mining 250 tons of earth.
- Diamonds are made of 100% carbon that forms a rare crystalline structure after exposure to intense heat and pressure.
- The melting point of a diamond is 3820K, while the boiling point is 5100K.
- Two of the rarest colored diamonds are blue and red.
- Only one percent of women in the world own a diamond weighing one carat or more.
- In the old days, diamonds were not mined, but rather only found at the bottoms of rivers or along riverbanks in India.
What to expect during your visit to Diamond Exchange Dallas
When you come into our office you will see all of the diamond cutting tools and machines we use to cut and customize diamond jewelry. Also, we have many high powered microscopes that we will let our customers use to get a closer look at their diamond goods. As diamond buyers Dallas TX we can use your current diamond jewelryas a trade in to upgrade or purchase your next diamond piece. Keep that in mind versus flat out selling to us. If you would just like cash for your diamond jewelry then that is what you will get! We hope to see you soon at Diamond Exchange Dallas. GIVE US A CALL TODAY @ 214-755-1806